What is Hard Disk ?
A HardDisk is a Part of Unit, Often Called a “Disk Drive”, “Hard Drive” or “Hard Disk Drive” that Stores and Provide relatively quick access to large amounts of Data on a Electromagnetically Charged Surface or Set of Surfaces. A HardDisk is Usually a Set of Stacked Disks each of which like Phonographic records, has Data Recorded Electromagnetically in Concentric Circles or “Tracks” on the Disks.
A “Head” Records or Reads the information on the Tracks. Two Heads one on each side of a disk, read or write the data as the disk spins. Each read or write Operation Requires that data be located which is an operation called a “Seek”.
A HardDisk Drive comes with a Rotation Speed Varying From 4500 to 7200 rpm. Disk Access Time is Measured in Milliseconds. Although, the Physical Location can be identified with Cylinder, Track and Sector Locations, These are Actually Mapped to a Logical Block Address (LBA) that works with larger Address Range on Today’s Hard Disk.
Also Read :-
- What is C Programming Language ? History of C Programming Language
- What is Cyber Attacks? Consequence of Cyber Attack?
Advantages of the hard Disk
The advantages of a Hard Disk Drive are given as follows:
- One of the numerous blessings of a tough hard drive is that its price is low.
- Another advantage of a tough Disk is that it’s without delay out there within the market.
- HardDisk is fast than optical disks.
- The capability for storing the information in HDDs is large.
Disadvantages of the hard Disk
The disadvantages or limitations of HardDisk Drive are given as follows:
- The speed of reading and writing in HDD is slower than the RAM (Random Access Memory).
- HDDs are buzzing.
- Another disadvantage of HDD is energy unskillfulness.
- HDDs consume a lot of power.
The form issue of HDDs is heavier than the SSDs.
Social Media :-
- Facebook : – https://www.facebook.com/Geeksmit